First Burn — Allow pool of wax to extend to the outside rim of the jar to set its "memory." Each time you burn the candle, it will "remember" to burn out to the rim. This will avoid “tunneling” which leaves wax on the walls of the container and you won’t get the most out of your candle. Rule of thumb: Burn one hour for every inch of your candle's diameter.
TRIM YOUR WICK! The first rule of candle care is to always trim your wick to 1/4" prior to EACH use, or when the wick “mushrooms.” Trimming the wick will allow the candle to have a longer burn time.
Prior to each use, turn the solidified candle upside down and with a paper towel or a wick trimmer, trim the wick or remove the “mushroom” left by the previous burn. Turning the candle upside down will prevent the burnt wick from falling into the candle.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. It goes without saying that is a fire hazard and we want you to enjoy your candle safely.
- Never burn a candle near anything flammable, well away from drafts, other heat sources, and keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- In general, it is recommended that you don’t burn candles for longer than four hours and let it cool for at least two hours before relighting.
- Our pure soy wax has a lower melting point of 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Store candles in an upright, level position. Please take care not to leave your candle in warm environments, vehicles or expose it to direct heat as the wax will get soft and may liquify. If spilled, soy wax is easily cleaned with soap and water.
- Extinguish flame by placing lid on candle, using a candle snuffer, or by dipping the wick into the melted wax pool, then reposition. This will help eliminate smoking or "afterglow" and ensures proper candle care.
- Now that you’ve followed proper candle care you can enjoy your hand poured Sparkle Candle Co. candle.