Top 10 Reasons Soy Candles Are Better
We absolutely love working with soy wax. Soy wax is is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans.
After soybeans are harvested , they are cleaned, cracked, de-hulled, and rolled into flakes. Oil is then removed from the flakes and hydrogenated. Once the oil is at room temperature it becomes a solid - soy wax! Pretty neat...
The benefits of soy candles:
1. Our soy candles burn longer. This means that you will get way more enjoyment out of a soy candle than a paraffin candle.
2. Paraffin candles release chemicals that smell...our scents and the soy release only clean, safe scents.
3. Sustainability matters. Soy is renewable.
4. When you burn a soy candle - there is 90% less soot which is reducing your air pollution.
5. Did you know that paraffin candle's emissions can build up on walls - staining the paint, on fabrics, and carpets?
6. Soy candles won't produce as much heat as a paraffin candle.
7. If you spill soy wax it is a lot easier to clean off than other wax.
8. Buying soy helps farms Canada's third-largest crop is soy you're supporting farmers.
9. Soy candles are safer: Soy is a soft wax so tapers are nearly impossible to find. But tapers can tip over easily, so avoid the fire hazard altogether with soy pillar candles.
10. Soy candles are 100% vegan and do not require any animal products in their production or use.